Intended Trail Use
The Damnable Trail network was developed for Hiking. The trail is a single-track (wide enough for one person to traverse on foot) and follows vegetated and rocky coastline, often with limited forward visibility. As a result, the following activities are NOT permitted on the trail:
- Cycling or mountain biking
- Horseback riding
- Use of wheeled vehicles, motorized or non-motorized
- Open fires – use a portable camp stove instead
Considerations for Runners
If running on the trail, please:
- Many hikers will not expect to encounter a trail runner. Be prepared to yield the trail if needed.
- When approaching another trail user quickly from behind, let them know you intend to pass them with a polite “on your left” (or right).
- Avoid running to the side of the trail where possible. Foot-widened sections are not stable as hardened trail, resulting in eroded, often muddy stretches of path.